Elizabeth A. Pyden
Elizabeth Pyden has over 15 years of experience representing clients. Her practice focuses on general civil litigation, including medical malpractice, family law, and employment law. She has also worked in the areas of intellectual property and probate and has written numerous appeals, and has appeared before the Michigan Court of Appeals and U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals. She has been selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars in 2013, 2014, and 2015. Beth was born in Detroit, Michigan in 1975. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Biopsychology, Cognitive Science and Women’s Studies from the University of Michigan in 1997. She received her Juris Doctorate from Wayne State University Law School in 2000, where she was a member of Moot Court.
She is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, as well as the United States Patent and Trademark Office. She has been admitted to practice before the United States District Court for both the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan, the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, and most recently, the United States Supreme Court. Beth resides in Clinton Township, where she serves as President of the Chippewa Valley Board of Education, having been elected in 2012. She has been appointed to the Board of Directors of the Macomb Oakland Regional Center (MORC), the largest non-profit corporation in Michigan whose mission is serving individuals with psychiatric and developmental disabilities. Beth also serves on the Board of Directors for the Chippewa Valley Education Foundation.
She enjoys reading, gardening, tennis, being involved in her community, and attempting to train her poodle, Charley.
Recent Presentations & Publications
- Women Who Soar, Featured Panelist on Power Women Panel; July 11, 2015
- “Is Daubert Alive in Michigan,” Presenter; Saurbier & Siegan Annual Legal Seminar; Detroit Public Library; May 29, 2015.
- “Reasonably Accommodating Plaintiff’s Injuries as a Measure of Damages,” Presenter; Saurbier & Siegan Annual Legal Seminar; Federal Reserve Bank – Detroit Branch; May 1, 2014.
- “The United States Supreme Court Decision in Delia v. E.M.A. and the Changing Face of Medical Liens in Michigan,” Presenter; Saurbier & Siegan Annual Legal Seminar; Detroit Athletic Club; May 3, 2013.
- “Medical Expenses and Lien Amounts: How Much Should be Included in Economic Damages?” Presenter; Saurbier & Siegan Annual Legal Seminar; Detroit Zoo; June 1, 2012.
- “Intellectual Property for Entrepreneurs,” Presenter, Macomb County Department of Planning and Economic Development, Macomb-Oakland University Incubator; October 3, 2011
Affiliations & Activities
- State Bar of Michigan
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- Macomb County Bar Association
- Member Chippewa Valley Board of Education