John R. Fleming
Mr. Fleming graduated from Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School in 2015. Prior to graduation, he worked as a research assistant focusing on municipal bankruptcy law and as a legislative aide in the Michigan House of Representatives. He finished his law school career externing for Justice David Viviano at the Michigan Supreme Court.
After graduation, Mr. Fleming worked for Bufalino and Palazzolo, P.C., where he focused on complex commercial litigation cases, with a specialty in liquor license sales, transfers, and acquisitions. Before joining the Saurbier Law Firm, Mr. Fleming started Fleming Law, PLLC, where he focused on commercial and civil litigation, criminal law, family law, and probate matters. Mr. Fleming was elected in 2016 to the Board of Directors of the Macomb County Chamber of Congress.
Mr. Fleming lives in Fraser and enjoys reading, writing, and spending time with his nieces and nephews.
Recent Presentations & Publications
- “The Lame Duck Law – Does this Solve the Blackboard Problem from Freer vs Advantage Health?”; Presenter; Saurbier Law Firm, P.C., Annual Legal Seminar; The Parade Company; May 5, 2017
- “Busted?! What to Tell Your Friends,” Presenter; Saurbier Law Firm, P.C., Annual Legal Seminar; DNR Outdoor Adventure Center; May 13, 2016
Affiliations & Activities
- Director, Macomb County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors (2016-present)
- Director, Macomb Foundation Board of Directors (2016-present)
- Director, Macomb Advocacy for Business Board of Directors (2016-present)
- Member, City of Fraser Zoning Board of Appeals (2017-present)
- Member, Clinton Township Optimist Club (2015-2017)
- Member, Project Macomb Legislative Subcommittee to Combat Opioid Abuse (2015-2016)
- Member, Fraser Optimist Club (2015)
- Acting Board Member, Macomb Children’s Hands On Museum