Scott A. Saurbier
For over 44 years the law practice of Scott A. Saurbier has encompassed a wide variety of issues on behalf of physicians and hospitals, manufacturers, insurance companies, businesses and individuals, often involving complex litigation.
He is heavily involved in current legal issues and offers innovative solutions. Mr. Saurbier has been recognized by his peers with an “AV” peer review rating by LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest possible qualification given to an attorney. He has been voted a Michigan Super Lawyer for the years 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016, an honor received by only 5% of attorneys in the State of Michigan. He was also recognized in HOUR Magazine as a 2016 Top Lawyer.
He has been the lead attorney in more than 100 trials that have gone to verdict, the vast majority of them favoring his clients. Since 2002 he has won 32 complex cases and lost one.
In addition to litigation and legal work, Mr. Saurbier is often asked to make presentations to risk management groups, insurance providers, lawyers, medical and hospital groups, and he has made hundreds of presentations on local, state, and national levels during his career.
Mr. Saurbier is admitted to practice in state and federal courts. He is a member of the Association of Defense Trial Counsel, the Michigan Defense Trial Counsel and many similar organizations. He has served as a mediator and often counsels executives concerning business decisions. Mr. Saurbier resides in Grosse Pointe Farms with his wife, and enjoys golf, sailing, hockey, reading and participating with the Tri-County Collie Rescue Group, the Witenagemote Club, and The Hundred Club of Detroit.
Recent Presentations & Publications
- Two Faces of Justice: The Emergency Department Under Siege, A Legal Perspective
- Controlling Your Own Liability: A Practical Approach
- Keys to Physician & Hospital Licensing Reform
- Sued! The Lawyer’s Quadrille
- General Overview Medical Ethics
- The Facts . . . ???!!! From Crash to Courtroom
- Premises Liability: The State of the Law in Michigan
- Medicine and Ethics: A Legal Perspective
- Legal Aspects of Medical Record Documentation (The Write Stuff)
- When the Stork Becomes Your Process Server: Risk Management Issues in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Affiliations & Activities
- The Witenagemote Club
- The Hundred Club of Detroit
- Tri-County Collie Rescue Group,
- State Bar of Michigan
- Federal District Courts, Eastern and Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Wayne County Bar Association
- Macomb County Bar Association
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- Associations of Defense Trial Counsel